We released today a major patch for the Early Access on Steam. It brings many new cool stuff into the game and solves a bunch of minor issues.
New Stuff :
- Hideki’s Musics are here!
As you know, we have the great pleasure to partner with Hideki Naganuma as guest composer for Hover: Revolt of Gamers. As a reminder, Hideki is the composer of Jet Set Radio, Jet Set Radio Future, Sonic Rush, and many more great video game soundtracks.
You can listen to Hideki’s tracks by going to the Fusty Pub or to the Gamer’s HQ!
- The Trick Score System is back!
Tricks don’t give energy anymore, but they increase your score, which in turn will give you more energy at the end of a trick combo. Grinding and sliding will keep giving energy instantly.
After a 100 points trick combo, you will generate an Energy Aura, it’s useful to boost your allies, open special containers or for some missions.
- 2 New Mission Types : Trickscore missions and Condenser.
- Two missions added in district A
- The Codex has been updated!
- The ‘Friends Only’ online mode is now available.
- There’s a new tunnel in Haven District, which leads from MoreMoreMore to Korupa.
- Some wooden springboards and grind springboards have been added throughout Haven District.
- After the Sewers missions, Momo is now waiting for you under the HQ’s entrance.
- When scanning, missions far from you are now displayed.
- There are now step sounds when landing from a jump! (about time!)
- Photon has been updated. (Online multiplayer system)
- Every pop-up messages have been redesigned.
- New container type has been added, it’s locked with a condenser and unlockable with a high trick score.
- Containers light has been increased.
- There are more information displayed when hovering on chips in the character window.
- Slight feet vibration when sliding or grinding.
- Slides have been radically changed, you can now take curves and keep your speed.
- Energy is saved during rewinds, to avoid some mechanic exploits and make it easier to use. If you take an electric shock, your energy won’t be saved.
- You cannot interact with items during custom missions or when creating custom missions.
- Steam must be open to be able to play.
- Mission musics are now more diverse and don’t depend on the scene/map.
- Spy Drones Energy no longer displayed, counter now displays the remaining hits needed to take it down.
- You can now see the Administrative district from afar.
- When doing an “every man for himself” mission where you lose, the winner is now displayed.
- The Mac version has been updated too
Various Debug and other fixes/improvements :
- Gamers and Breakers portraits are now displayed with the correct colors during dialogs!
- You don’t drop the gameball anymore after a very high jump.
- Rank is now correctly displayed when it’s above one thousand. (I feel a joke’s missing there…)
- Slope management has been improved, jumps are now affected when running up slopes.
- Holotello’s texture has been tweaked a bit.
- Grinding is much simpler now, and jumping when sliding isn’t glitched anymore.
- In 3rd person view, characters don’t look at the ground or the sky anymore, it made them look strange.
- Rank is now correctly displayed during dialogs.
- Spamming the slide key when running isn’t possible anymore.
- Walljumps don’t make you lose speed anymore.
- Some visually broken bumpers are now slightly tilted.
- Spy drones sounds aren’t glitched anymore.
- Graffitis textures are no longer overextended when looking at them from the side.
- E-Swap points are now out of order less often.